Mar 3, 2006, 7:27 PM: Bittersweet 15-hood

Sorry for not exactly updating. Time is precious, and I had to shy away from the computer to get stuff into my head.

Well I tured 15 yesterday and I really can't come up with anything to describe it. Melissa greeted me in the morning with a whole parcel of goodies! CSI Season 3, a book, and unfortunately, a letter full of GUANO. Haha... Ah well... School has been the same, just that now the heat is on, out brains have to be cranked up a notch and my fuse is just about the size of a fullstop.

But anyway, there's always family, well, at least what's left of it here... We had a small celebration, and had a little tiny cake and ehhh... yeah... its just one of those "count your blessings moments" I guess...

Anyway, the whole co-hort is almost on the verge of going on strike against Mdm Sim. But seriously, when we tried to be diplomatic to discuss how to improve our link to her, she instead, spent about, 45minutes of an hour rebutting herself, talking about SIA and how you offer and not get anything back and trying to make herself seem like the innocent sheep while we're the bloodthirsy rabies carrying wolf. So much for revising her teaching technique. It became a confrontation... Chin blew her top off about the head knocking issue, which I also felt was too... personal to be spending our precious bio lesson on, and the bitching about her which happened yesterday suddenly erased itself from the tongues of everyone, except for well, Yigge...

But what really pissed me off was when she was trying so hard to hide her faults and pick on ours when I was talking about our slow progress for bio cause a) she can't teach, b) many people missed lessons cause of tournaments, rehearsals etc... and c) she can't seem to see that no matter how hard to try to negotiate and ask her for extra lessons, she picks on us, she kept trying to drag her long speech so that Yiggie couldn't say anything, and I could only let go about 10 % of what I wanted to say.

But unfortunately, about 90% of what I originally wanted to tell her had to be cut short cause she kept on interrrupting me. So much for comming down to "our level". Even if she was trying to show how she humbled herself by sitting at "our level", you still couldn't get anything accross cause she wouldn't just stop preaching!

The main reason as to why we even sparked off this conversation with her was so that we could agree on a teaching technique both of us are happy and to clarify anything that could possibly be a misunderstanding. But what did we get after the whole hour of intense courtroom drama? NOTHING. Just how Mdm Sim would like to stray away from the original topic and make some speech about how we're wrong, and how she's always right. But you know what? There were afew contradictions... first things first, by labeling our questions regarding the biology lesson as unworthy by asking us to shut up when we raised our hands to ask the question, wouldn't that mean that she's not filling our curiosty? But then she goes around saying "if you didn't understand then why didn't you take the initiative to ask??" Didn't take the initiative to ask? I think not.

But the thing is, how can you get your views accross when your form teacher is pro-mdm sim, or in other words, anti-3/7, I mean, she makes it seem as though there's nothing wrong with Mdm Sim and instead, we're being immature. Nothing wrong with Mdm Sim? I beg to differ. But yeah, I feel that some people in class really do not have rock solid reasons to go against her... like going against her because she said "you all think you're so cool with your f*** f*** words..." I mean, you can't antagonize her just because she used the f word. In that case, why aren't we complaining to our parents about how our friends use f*** as easily as they use "lah" or "sia" or stuff like that? She's just using the word as an example, at least she didn't stray towards vulgar words from the hokkien dialect. She didn't use it in an offensive way, she just wanted to get her point straight out.

Ok I feel as if I'm writing some history essay or something. I will stop!

My head feels so much better now.




------------------------------------------


who.
Jolena.
full profile>>


about the layout
no. 4.8
inspired by: the History Boys movie (not the play)
photo from: rotten tomatoes
more info + previous layouts>>


tag.